06 July 2007

Update on our Resolutions

Back in January, C and I made resolutions. As half of the year has now passed, this is an update on how we're doing.

First, the "no TV until after dinner." We're actually doing alright on this. We typically don't run on Fridays and as we're beat from the week, we don't always heed this then. But in general, I'm pretty proud of how well we're doing this. We've actually gotten back to eating dinner at the table. I'm sure when we lose cable soon, this won't be nearly as hard. I'd give us a 7 out of 10 on this.

Second, "regular chores." Again, we're doing okay, certainly better than before the resolutions were made, but there is definitely room for improvement. We're great with the regular vacuuming (thanks to Bruno), sweeping, changing of bed linens, and general tidiness. However, we could improve on the big Saturday chores: car cleaning, thorough kitchen cleaning, mopping. I'll give us a 6.

Third, "spirituality throughout the week." 2 out of 10. That's all I'll say about that.

Fourth, C's limiting of game playing. To be honest, he hasn't picked up any system for a very long time. In fact, it's been so long, I'm not even sure how he was doing when he was playing. I guess that's a good thing! 10 out of 10--way to go C!

And finally, my desire to have more virtuous thoughts. Really, I'm not even sure what this means. Maybe I should figure it out in order to work on it. 1 out of 10. Although I do believe my general anger towards other drivers is getting better; still not good, but better. I'm trying to be more patient with others in general, unless they do things that make it hard for me. Like when the tech at my doctor's office argued with me that there was NO February 23rd. You would not believe how adamant about this she was. Sometimes it's just hard to be nice.

Six more months to go...we'll keep keepin' on.

6 comments:

Amber said...

Why wouldn't there be a February 23rd??? People really DO make it hard to be nice sometimes.

emily said...

nice work.

yeah, that whole feb. 23rd thing? really weird.

erinmalia said...

well gosh amber, don't you know? february is the SHORT month. sheesh. :)

Camie said...

I think you're doing a great job, especially with that Feb. 23rd thing. I think I would have found a calendar and shoved it up her...well you know where.

lys said...

Tag! You're it!

Anonymous said...

whoa on the Feb. 23rd thing. for some reason i started laughing out loud about the virtuous thoughts. i am just so with you on that one.