Do you feel like you have more friends just because you blog? Certainly I do. In fact, I recently saw a newly-acquired-blogging-friend and it was as if we didn't even know how to converse face-to-face. Not that speaking with her was awkward, but once we said, "Hey, I'll see you on the blog!" we felt much better. Another one of these blogging-only friends is my sister-in-law's friend, who also knows C. Apparently we were playing a game of tag and now I'm "it." Sigh. I was always "it" because I'm slow. Oh well.
1. Were you named after anyone? I think there was a neighborhood babysitter with my name. And while I don’t believe I was named after her, my parents just liked her name.
2. When was the last time your cried? Yesterday. I cry a lot. Sometimes just to cry. Sometimes because Settlers of Catan truly is Settlers of Satan. (Linda--I know you know what I'm talking about!)
3. Do you like your handwriting? Yes. Print and cursive, although I hate the capital cursive E’s (hence the ALWAYS lower-case e), G (thank goodness my new last name starts with an H), Q, and Z.
4. What is your favorite lunch meat? Pastrami. Although I never eat it.
5. Do you have kids? Nope.
6. If you were another person would you be friends with you? I think so. I hope so.
7. Do you use sarcasm a lot? Nope. I have a hard enough time identifying it, nonetheless using it.
8. Do you still have your tonsils? Yes. And all of my bones are whole. In fact, I have my very own appendix.
9. Would you bungee jump? Would I? Heck yes! Have I? Heck yes!
10. What is your favorite cereal? For the warm variety: baked oatmeal. Of the cold variety: Oh’s!
11. Do you untie your shoes when you take them off? The only shoes I own with laces are my running shoes, but yes, I untie them.
12. Do you think you are strong? That depends. Strong as in “I can bench press my own weight?” No. Strong as in “I can do anything!?” No.
13. What is your favorite ice cream? Oh gosh, this is hard. Cookies and cream. Cherry anything. Cheesecake. Mint chocolate chip.
14. What is the first thing you notice about people? Teeth. I wouldn't do well in Britain.
15. Red or Pink? Pink.
16. What is the least favorite thing about yourself? If I don’t want to do something, I usually don’t. I wish I’d suck it up and just do it because I’d probably learn something.
17. What do you miss the most? MOUNTAINS. Oh yeah, and family.
18. What color pants and shoes are you wearing? I’m not wearing any pants...(wait for it)...I’m wearing a floral print skirt! (Did I scare you?!) With flip-flops. Yes, I wear flip-flops to work. I’d even consider wearing them to the White House. Take that—POW.
19. What was the last thing that you ate? Toast with cinnamon and sugar.
20. What are you listening to right now? A National Geographic podcast on ants.
21. If you were a crayon, what color would you be? Flesh, because I am flesh-colored? And don’t ask “What color flesh are you?” I’m the old-school Crayola flesh.
22. Favorite smells? Freshly-baked bread. Tide detergent.
23. Who was the last person you talked to on the phone? My parents.
24. Favorite sports to watch: Football on TV and golf in person.
25. Hair color? Real? Dark blonde. Colored? Light blonde.
26. Eye Color? Hazel.
27. Do you wear contacts? I have been wearing them longer than not.
28. Favorite foods? Again with the baked oatmeal. McDonald’s ice cream. Hot Tamales. French toast.
29. Scary movies or happy endings? Happy endings. Although I do love a good “Tales from the Crypt” every now and then.
30. Last movie you watched? Gosh, I think it was “Match Point.” I tried “Monsoon Wedding” but was too tired and kept falling asleep.
31. What color shirt are you wearing? Plain white tee. Six out of seven days a week I’m wearing a plain white tee.
32. Summer or winter? WINTER.
33. Hugs or kisses? Kisses.
34. Favorite desserts? Most cookies. Most cakes. Rice Krispie treats (aka “Brain”). Ice cream. Candy. What other desserts are there? I’m sure I love them too.
35. What book are you reading right now? I’m rereading “One Hundred Years of Solitude.” I tried it before and didn’t like it, but since everyone else loves it, I figured something must be wrong with me.
36. What is on your mouse pad? I have no mouse pad at work, but the one at home has a pug.
37. What did you watch on TV last night? Do I have to answer this? Sigh. Big Brother 8. It’s summer people! TV is horrible!
38. Favorite sound? This one is hard for me as I don’t think I have ever thought about it. I love the sound of a waterfall. I also love the sounds of my nephews.
39. Rolling Stones or Beatles? Beatles.
40. What is the farthest you have been from home? Europe.
41. Do you have a special talent? I can square tie knots in a Pull-n-Peel Twizzler in my mouth.
42. Where were you born? Honolulu, Hawaii. That's right: I'm Hawaiian. Can't you tell?
43. What superpower would you like? Teleporting. Zing—I’m in Iceland. Zing—I’m in Bora Bora. Zing—now to the Greek Isles.
And in an effort to get these people blogging more, the three people that I am going to tag are: Amber, the Kuhns, and Megan (it's been almost two weeks!).