23 August 2008

Things That Must Go

Grocery stores that don't let you take carts to your car. I'd never seen them until I moved to the East, but I still can't figure them out. Am I just supposed to leave my already-purchased groceries just sitting there, unattended, while I go get my car? I don't think so! It really makes me angry. By the time I got to my car, I was kicking the toilet paper while the bag holding cans broke. It was really as pathetic as you picture it.

Things that Must NOT Go:
Clementines. Along with bananas, they are the perfect fruit.

5 comments:

i {heart} hawkes said...

love that title post, still a radio from hell fan? i have to agree that would be awful to have to leave your cart in the store, seriously where is the logic in that?! actions such as this would detour me from buying more items, resulting in less money spent at the store...dummies.

Gretchen said...

I hate this too and the first time I was totally baffled by it. Lately, I've been watching other people leave their groceries and I noticed that no one really bothers them. This may have something to do with the store employees that are taking their break on the bench out front. They're not guarding, per se, but I think they lend an air of authority nonetheless.

Of course, I'm not leaving MY groceries. But if I couldn't carry them all in one trip I might be tempted.

Niederfam said...

WHAT????? i would never make it in the East!!! people must shop daily then?????

emily said...

yeah, i don't understand that. there are these one carts - push carts that can carry around a hand-held totethingy - that i can't take out of the store. but a regular shopping cart? weird easterners.

Nicole said...

yeah I've never heard of that, crazy!!