18 July 2006

Eating as a Couple

The terrible, horrible, no-good, very bad project has finally come to an end, and I can return to my normal slacker-ness. Phew. I have missed adding pictures and deep thoughts to this website. So let the deep thoughts begin:

Today I am going to discuss eating habits for couples. Never realizing how much of a girly-girl I am (maybe a 7 on a scale of 1 to 10), and realizing how much of a manly-man I married (10 out of 10), this issue has been quite something for us to overcome. From the very first meal (half of a can of soup and ten saltines) to our last meal (pancakes with sausage and eggs), I've certainly learned a lot about the difference between my eating habits and C's. First, I like things made with curry and couscous; C likes things made with beef and, well, beef. Second, while some nights I'd be happy eating only popcorn for dinner, 200-pound boys just don't seem to do so well on that. Third, side dishes are extremely important. With or without them, C will likely eat the same amount of calories, but for some crazy reason it makes me feel better if he spreads it out over two things, instead of concentrating all his efforts on one entree. There are certainly others, but I don't want to bore you. Besides, we're still learning...

No comments: