- We closed on the house last Thursday. Everything went well and now we're officially homeowners!
- We found TEN dollars at the house that day. Somehow, that made our downpayment feel more worth it. If only we could find the rest of the downpayment somewhere else.
- The move went really well. We had one dozen people on each end and it took only two hours to load and then unload the truck. Even in 100-degree weather. The ward members really came through. And the girls' move was a total success.
- The house is almost put together. My OCD doesn't let me stay living in boxes for too long.
- We got the internet hooked up yesterday! For the first time in our married lives, we have high-speed internet at home. While this wasn't a large issue when I was working full-time, it certainly is now. Yesterday's internetting alone almost made the monthly $25 fee worth it.
- Rhett has been sleeping through the night for the past week and a half. He goes to bed around 9 p.m. and wakes around 6:30 a.m. I can totally support this.
- Right before we closed (as in, about an hour before), Chuck was in a car accident on the way to his parents' house. Thankfully, only he and Bruno were in the car, and not Rhett. We haven't heard whether the insurance company is just going to total the car or not. I'm still not sure which outcome I prefer.
- I'm guessing (hoping?) that as most new doctors have a first-time experience with the death of one of their patients, all new parents accidentally hurt their baby. Yesterday as I was pulling Rhett from the swing, I knocked his poor little head into the corner of the changing table. I was re-introduced to the pain cry. I'm pretty sure I was sadder though.
- Chuck's poor car.
- All of our bruises from moving, and some bruises from who-knows-where.
Pictures documenting all of the above: