14 September 2006

My Love/Hate Relationship

I love television. I really love television. But I wish that I didn't really love television. I wish I could be one of people who doesn't have a television in their homes. Or maybe even be one of those people who only watches an hour a week (props to my sister for being this way). Gosh, even an hour a day would be better than what I currently practice. Sigh. But I'm not one of "those people." I doubt that I ever will be. Now that you know that I watch way too much television, I will now divulge all that I am currently watching on purpose. (I'll leave out the incidental viewings of Judge Judy during my runs or Simpsons during dinner.)
  • My current favorite is TLC's "What Not to Wear." I love this show. I love the interaction between Stacy and Clinton and the guests. I love how "anti" the guests start out but how truly converted they become at the end. Plus, I just love making fun of how bad people can look.
  • Another favorite is Bravo's "Project Runway." I love watching the participants create the outfits. Their creativity intrigues and disgusts me at the same time. Plus, people fighting is always fun to watch.
  • A new favorite is HGTV's "Design Star." This is one I just started watching last week. I caught the very last two episodes, but thanks to On Demand, I am working on catching up. I think I like it so much because it's what I wanted Martha Stewart's Apprentice to be. But "Design Star" is actually fun, and the host actually has a good tv persona.
  • Here's the embarrassing one: "Cops." Lately I've been feeling that I could one day be a police officer. I loved working at BYU because I felt like I was making a difference. At my current job, I just don't feel that way. But I think being a cop could be extremely rewarding, and, admittedly, extremely depressing. But this show is all about the people-watching.
  • Then of course there are the few others that I like: Seinfeld, The Office, Survivor, House, Donald's Apprentice, The Biggest Loser, Arrested Development, Scrubs, Freaks and Geeks, and the guilty pleasure, Sex and the City.

See? I told you I watch a lot of television.

No comments: