01 September 2006

My How She's Grown

Look at the people currently in your life, and think about how long they have known you. In my life, the people that I am around most (in-laws, co-workers, ward members, etc.) haven't known me for that long. I think that this is interesting because I feel like I have changed so much in the past ten years, but those that I am around most don't even know it! They don't know that I used to wear a sweatshirt around my waist constantly. They don't know that I didn't wear make-up until grad school. They don't know that I used to be nice and kind to strangers. And they don't know that I used to cross-stitch like CRAZY!

What's also interesting is to look at the people in your life who you knew really well at one point in time, but with whom you have since lost contact. This is even more interesting to me than the preceding case. In college, I was a girl who really wanted to get married and have lots of kids. I didn't want to work once I was married. I didn't run, and, in fact, didn't exercise at all. I was more tomboy than priss (although I make no claim about being a real tomboy back then). But if I was to run into someone now that knew me strictly from college, would they even notice these changes? Would they see that I turned into a girl who really wasn't that excited about getting married? Would they learn that I've limited myself to two kids (mainly due to the lack of desire to ever own a mini-van)? Would they know that not only do I think I'll have to work, but if I could be teaching math or stats, I'd actually like to work? Would they know that I run about 20 miles a week...and enjoy it? Would they realize how girly-girl I've really become? Or have I changed more in my own head than in I have in actuality???

And kind of related to this, is that I like to cook now. Not just bake, but really cook. I thought that I would share some of my favorite recipes with everyone. To find them (recipes for both cookies and entrees), click on the link to the right that says, "C and E home page."

1 comment:

RNAi said...

I love the receipes! Thanks for posting them. Those cookies are the best. I totally agree with you comment on how much people change. I know that I am a completely different person than I was 10 years ago. I am glad for all the changes, and in some ways, I am glad that the people around me don't know who I was back then.